I’m making this super fast this morning. As a follow-up to my long ago post about B.O., I wanted to put forth a recommendation to anyone out there who wants to try or has tried natural deodorants but wasn’t sure if anything really worked.
I personally did not enjoy using the Crystal brand, as it stung too much using it on shaved underarms. To each her own, though.
However, I decided not to give up on my au naturel journey and started using the brand above: Naturally Fresh. (I find it at Wal-Mart but I am sure Drugstore.com or Amazon has it.)
Previous to using this kind, I had never ever ever been a roll-on type girl. I always stuck with the invisible deodorant sticks, like Secret or Dove. (I actually do love me some Dove but I love not using chemicals on my body more.)
This has a very clean smell to it and lasts all day, providing you roll on enough. Translation: you do have to roll on more of this than you would regular deodorant/antiperspirant, which only takes a few swipes. It takes a while to get used to having wet underarms in the morning before going to work but I find the following pros have helped me stick with this:
- No white residue on clothing, ever. And I wear a LOT of black.
- My white shirts no longer get the yellowish stains in the pits, ruining their wear long before I’m ready to give the shirt up.
- Paraben free! (Parabens are bad, y’all. Look it up.)
- It’s inexpensive. I buy two of these at a time just so I don’t run out unexpectedly.
- It doesn’t sting on freshly shaven underarms.
- It works.
In sum, Zoe Recommends Naturally Fresh roll-on natural deodorant. As always, with anything, do your research before you buy and make sure you aren’t allergic to anything in the ingredients list.
Let me know if you’ve tried it and what you think!