Come Monday, Zoe Says turns three! Wheee! August 8, 2008 was the inception of my storytelling via weblog and it’s been a heck of a ride. I began with the intention of seeing if I could blog for a year and the fact that it’s been three and I’m still going strong gives me such a feeling of accomplishment. Thanks to all who have been with me and enjoy reading what comes from my head and heart.
I don’t know if I have spoken very much about my love for lists and stats but I have a secret passion for them. For a creative person, I am “right-brained” enough to have a hard love for numbers. (Or is it left-brained? Anybody know?) I’m not saying I like to solve mathematical equations or anything à la Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting, but I enjoy working with numbers/figures as they pertain to money, and statistics as they pertain to blog/website hits.
I don’t have any stats for you today but for those readers who have just recently (and very kindly) subscribed to this petite blog, I decided to put together two “Top Ten” lists. One is very simple and lays out the top blog posts that have gotten the most reads. The second is a batch of my personal favorites. This way, you can catch up if you want over the weekend or just marvel along. It’s kind of cool to note what the public prefers over what my favorites are. Here we go!
Ten Twelve Zoe Says posts of all time based on pure stats:
- The Obligatory Courtesy Smile (by far – not even a competition)
- May: the month of a gazillion birthdays
- Let’s focus on what’s important: Britney’s comeback (This one has stayed strong and steady since 2009! The power of Britney.)
- Baker’s Dozen: We Know It’s the Holiday Season Because… (My very first Freshly Pressed post!)
- Sebastian Maniscalco: stand-up comedian, funny, Italian, metrosexual (I have no idea what’s going on but this dude is POPULAR. People search for this guy DAILY and find this post.)
- The Acceptable Man-Purse: a.k.a. The Messenger Bag (I get so many searches that end up hitting this post.)
- Literally, the most misused word
- My one-time experience at the Bloomingdale’s makeup floor
- Bottom line, these are awesome (One of my personal favorites so I love that it has gotten all the way up to the top!)
- My Very Personal Relationship with HGTV (This one is in the top merely because another article has a link back to this and people flooded my page once reading about my thing for House Hunters and Mike Holmes.)
- Minty the Candy Cane – Obsessed! (Warning: the theme song will get stuck in your head!)
- Total Rant: to the people at Xerox who make my copier/printer/scanner/fax machine (People love reading a good old-fashioned rant and this one is no exception. I think it has to do mostly with the photo I put up from Office Space.)
Zoe Says a few of her favorite posts from the past three years in no particular order because she loves them equally:
- The Psychology of Tuesday
- Those Three Little Words
- VERBOTEN! Day 2
- Kringley, Jingley, Cookies and Trees, Gluttony, Family Gatherings and Obligatory Gifts: sounds like Christmas!
- Onions? Or…B.O.?
- If you don’t know what Tremors is, you’re insulting Kevin Bacon
- Please Reheat Responsibly
- My Stereotypically Midwestern Yet All-American, Comprehensive & Inappropriate Relationship with Ranch Dressing
- Signs I’m Over 30
- Sick Pen Obsession
- My primal, Sunday baking urge
- No. You didn’t SEEN anything.